What Are My Chances of Winning My Social Security Disability Case if I Have a Lawyer?
Millions of individuals in the United States have serious disabilities that make them unable to work. However, the Social Security disability application process can be complicated, and most applications are denied by the Social Security Administration (SSA) the first time. An experienced Baltimore SSI attorney at the Law Office of Emmett B. Irwin can help take the burden of applying for Social Security disability benefits off of your plate by completing your disability application on your behalf. Our firm can help you at any stage in the disability application process, from completion of the disability application through the appeals process if your application is not approved initially. A disability attorney at the Law Office of Emmett B. Irwin can help you with your disability case every step of the way. Our disability law firm can help increase your chances of getting your SSD application approved so you can start receiving benefits.
A Baltimore SSI Lawyer Can Help Increase Your Chances of Winning Your SSD Case
If you have a disability that makes it so you cannot engage in substantial gainful activity, contact an experienced Baltimore SSI lawyer for help evaluating your case to determine if you may likely qualify for benefits. The SSA is the federal agency that administers the Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) and Social Security Income (SSI) programs. SSDI and SSI provide financial benefits to individuals with certain qualifying disabilities. The process for applying for Social Security disability benefits is complicated, and most disability applications are denied. There are several reasons why Social Security disability applications are denied, including, for example:
- Failure to meet the definition of disability because an applicant makes too much money. The SSA has set certain income limits on who can apply for and receive SSD benefits. If an applicant earns over the stated monetary threshold, the applicant’s disability application will be denied.
- Failure to prove a qualifying disability. Applicants must provide sufficient medical documentation to prove that they have a qualifying disability based on the medical criteria outlined in the SSA’s Blue Book.
- Failure to follow treatment recommended by the applicant’s health care provider. Applicants must follow the medical treatment recommended by their health care providers, or their disability application may be denied.
- Failure to comply with the SSA’s requests for more information during the application process. Sometimes the SSA requires additional medical documentation during the application process. Applicants must return the requested documentation, or the application may be denied.
- Failure to appeal an initial denied application. Sometimes applications are denied initially but are approved at a hearing before an administrative law judge.
An experienced Baltimore SSI lawyer can help increase your chances of getting your disability application approved. Experienced disability lawyers understand the complexities of the SSA’s regulations and procedures. Also, a disability lawyer can help you with the disability application process collecting sufficient medical documentation to prove to the SSA that you are, in fact, disabled and unable to perform substantial gainful activity.
The SSA uses a medical guide called the Blue Book to evaluate applicants’ medical conditions to determine whether they have a qualifying disability. The Blue Book includes specific medical criteria that must be met for a condition to qualify as a medical disability. A Baltimore SSI lawyer can help you determine what medical documentation is needed to satisfy the Blue Book’s criteria for your specific condition. A disability attorney can also present evidence on your behalf at a Social Security disability hearing, if necessary. Applicants who are represented by a disability lawyer at a disability hearing are much more likely to win their case than if they represent themselves at the hearing.
Our firm is here to fight for you so you can focus on your health. If you have a serious medical condition, contact a Baltimore SSI lawyer at the Law Office of Emmett B. Irwin today for a free consultation. Our firm has decades of experience handling disability cases and can help improve your chances of successfully applying for and receiving disability benefits.
Need Help Getting Social Security Disability Benefits Approved? Contact a Baltimore SSI Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
Applying for Social Security disability benefits is often a difficult task, and sadly, most disability applications are denied the first time around. If you would like to increase your chances of having your disability application approved, contact a Baltimore SSI lawyer at the Law Office of Emmett B. Irwin today for help with your disability application. Our office has significant experience handling Social Security disability cases and are familiar with the SSA’s procedures and requirements to approve applications. You can call our office at 443-839-0818 or complete our online form. We can answer the questions you have about applying for federal disability benefits. We work with clients throughout Maryland and surrounding states.